More-with-Less is one of my favorite cookbooks. This recipe for Vietnam Fried Rice was a huge hit with my family.
Gather up your ingredients:
- 2 cup rice
- 4 Tbs. cooking oil
- 1 lb. any cooked or raw meat (I used 2 large boneless chicken breasts that I sliced thin)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp.. sugar
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 cup leftover or frozen vegetables (I used frozen peas and carrots)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Cook the rice.
- In a hot skillet add the oil and stir fry the meat if it’s not cooked. I sprinkled some soy sauce on the chicken before I stir fried it.
- Remove the meat from the skillet and add the garlic, onion, salt, pepper, sugar and soy sauce. I didn’t measure any of this, just eye-balled it.
- Stir fry until the onion is cooked through.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, stir frying until the eggs are done. They will not and should not look like scrambled eggs you eat for breakfast.
- Add the vegetables and stir fry until they are hot through.
- Add the chicken back in to the skillet, along with the rice.
- Throw in some more soy sauce until it looks good to you.
Pull out the chop sticks and enjoy!