This is so good and so easy! I think I actually like it better than cooking it on the stove. And it’s perfect for a day when you have a few minutes to pull dinner together in the afternoon. It only cooks about 3 hours (you can stretch it to about 5 if you cook on low). I love having dinner ready at dinner time, without doing any cooking right then.
I completely forgot to take photos of the finished dish, so you’ll have to make do with this ingredient photo.
I found the recipe at Crystal & Co. She used a jar of spaghetti sauce, but I didn’t have any, so I made up a quick homemade version. The hands-on prep is still super quick.
- 2 bags frozen ravioli
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 small onion, diced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Mozzarella, shredded
- Pour the frozen ravioli into the slow cooker.
- Stir the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, garlic and seasonings together in a bowl. Pour over the ravioli and stir to coat all the ravioli with sauce.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
- About 20 minutes before you're ready to eat, sprinkle the ravioli with Mozzarella.