Hellmann’s Mayonnaise recently contacted me asking if I’d like to try their new Organic Mayonnaise. I gave a quick yes! Hellmann’s is my favorite mayo and this one is really good.
I decided to try it in a chicken salad. This recipe is a little different than most chicken salads and it’s really good. The dressing is creamy and flavorful, despite the simple ingredients. Red onion lends a punch of flavor and cucumbers add crispness. The chick peas and chicken are a surprisingly good combo.
For this recipe, I used chicken I’d cooked in the Instant Pot. More on that another time, but I will say that’s a great way to cook a bunch of chicken. I used part of the chicken for this recipe and froze enough for two more meals.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chicken Salad with Chick Peas:
The ingredient list is very simple. The salad comes together quickly and is very healthy too. It would make a great packed lunch or easy dinner.
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 oz.) chick peas , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- ⅓ cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods Organic Original Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. dried mint
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- crumbled feta, optional
- Combine chicken, chick peas, cucumber, feta, Hellmann's® Organic Original, mint, onion and lemon juice in large bowl.
- Serve over fresh spinach. Top with crumbled feta, if desired.
Hellmann’s Organic Mayonnaise is made with organic cage-free eggs, organic expeller-pressed oil, and no artificial flavors and preservatives. Hellmann’s also has a certified vegan dressing and it’s delicious! It has the same rich, creamy taste, but it’s eggless, cholesterol free—with 10g of fat per serving- and made with non-GMO sourced ingredients.
Disclosure: I was compensated for my time in writing this post, however all opinions are my own.