If you still haven’t tried Biscoff Cookie Spread, then I strongly recommend it! It is a favorite in my house, and I have to make myself not eat it straight from the jar with a spoon. Yes, it’s that good! Another favorite around here are cereal treats. I know that traditionally they are made with Rice Krispies, but I often make them with remnants of cereal in the pantry. I really like using Cheerios, or in this case ‘Joe’s O’s’ from Trader Joe’s.
I needed a quick and easy dessert to take to church the other evening (after I had a pie that turned out, uhmmm, let’s just say, less than desirable!) so I searched my cabinets and came up with these. I’ve made cereal treats with Biscoff before, but the chocolate-butterscotch topping really put these over the top. They were delicious!
- 6 cups cereal (crispies, O's, etc.)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Cookie Butter
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Grease a 9x13 dish, set aside.
- Melt butter and cookie butter in a large pot on medium heat, add marshmallows.
- Stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat and add cereal.
- Stir until cereal is completed coated.
- Spread cereal mixture into greased pan. It's going to be sticky!
- Combine chocolate and butterscotch chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds.
- Continue microwaving in 15 second intervals until melted, stirring after each 15 seconds.
- Spread melted chocolate mixture over cereal treats.
- Add sprinkles if desired.
- Chill for a few minutes for topping to firm up.
These came together quickly and easily, and no one was the wiser that I had a flat, sunken pie at home (that the kids and I still ate!)
KimM is a contributing writer for Eat at Home. She lives in NC with her husband, three children, and 2 fur babies. You can find her blogging about her kitchen adventures at Makin’ it Mo’Betta.