I’m so excited to introduce you to Jaime from Mom’s Test Kitchen! Jaime is the newest contributing writer for Eat at Home. I think you are going to love her recipes! Enjoy her first recipe for an easy side dish and give her a warm welcome!
No need for dipping sauce on the side, get the flavors you love in this easy to make Ranch Glazed Carrots side dish!
Our family eats a lot of meatless meals. It’s a great way to stretch our grocery budget, plus we just like to eat what I call ‘veggie plates’. Just like you would get in a restaurant, I make up two or three different vegetable dishes and some sort of bread & we pile our plates full of yummy vegetables.
These Ranch Glazed Carrots are one of the vegetables I served up for our last veggie plate dinner. They tasted absolutely delicious, took about 10 minutes to prepare and since I was able to get the carrots on sale, cost just about $2 for the whole recipe! All of that pretty much makes a recipe a winner in my book!
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) dry ranch salad dressing & seasoning mix
- Cook the carrots in 1 cup of boiling water until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Drain the carrots & place them back in the warm pot.
- Add the butter, brown sugar & dry dressing mix to the carrots and toss to coat.
- Mix until evenly combined and the carrots are well glazed. Serve warm (but still serves well chilled as leftovers)