I’ve been loving sheet pan dinners. They’re easy to make, healthy and there’s an endless variety of flavors you can bring. It’s also a great way to eat lots of veggies.
For this Maple Balsamic Chicken dinner, I used bone-in chicken thighs that I got on sale. I’d love to try this again with boneless, skinless chicken. Chicken thighs aren’t my favorite cut, but it was such a great sale, I couldn’t pass them up. This recipe will work equally well with any cut of chicken or even pork.
I added brussels sprouts and butternut squash to the pan. I seasoned the squash similar to my favorite Butternut Squash Skillet recipe. The squash is added to the pan along with the chicken. The brussels sprouts, don’t need to cook as long, so they get added later. I seasoned them with a generous shake of salt and pepper.
Maple syrup is one of my favorite Costco purchases. I use it for a lot more than pancakes and waffles. If you don’t have real maple syrup, you can use honey in this recipe.
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1 Tbs. olive oil, plus extra
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 lbs. chicken, any cut is fine
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 1 bag brussels sprouts, cut in half
- Mix 1 Tbs. olive oil with vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken and toss to coat.
- Place chicken on large sheet pan that's been brushed with olive oil.
- Toss butternut squash cubes with drizzle of olive oil, cinnamon, ginger, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Pour onto sheet pan next to chicken. (You may need to use more than one sheet pan if you don't have one big enough.)
- Place in oven at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pull pan from the oven and add brussels sprouts. Continue roasting for 10-15 minutes more or until chicken is done.
We include lots of easy meals like Maple Balsamic Roast Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner in our Weekly Meal Plans. Find out more about how we do the planning so you’re cooking is simple.