You know those pictures of blooming bread on Pinterest? The ones with pepperoni and cheese or bacon and onions and cheese? Always cheese!
I decided that a sweet version of that type of bread would be a great idea. I was right!
It starts with a loaf of artisan bread. I bought mine in the bakery section of the grocery. Then I added sweetened cream cheese, fresh blueberries a drizzle of melted butter and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
Pop all of that into the oven and what comes out is purely marvelous!
I could not stay away from this bread. And neither could anyone else.
When I made it, there were only two of us at home. And my youngest son, who was with me doesn’t like blueberries. I wasn’t sure he’d even give the bread a try. I decided I didn’t need to eat a whole loaf, so I gave some to our neighbors.
Then my youngest daughter and her friend came in. They both ate bite after bite. By the time my oldest son got home, there were only a few bites left.
See all that gooey, sweet cream cheese? And the blueberries that have “popped” in the oven? Amazing!
It’s very easy to make, only taking a few minutes to put it together. Your family will love you for serving this!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 round loaf artisan style bread
- 4 Tbs. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tsp. sugar
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together with an electric mixer until blended.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Score the bread in a grid pattern, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place on a baking sheet and spread cream cheese and blueberries all through the scored sections of bread.
- Drizzle melted butter over bread.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over the top of bread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until hot through.
- Serve immediately.