I like to go to restaurants that serve warm bread and olive oil for dipping. It’s easy to do the same thing at home to dress up dinner or tide everyone over until it’s ready.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Several cloves of garlic, chopped
- Plenty of olive oil
- Oregano, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, thyme, salt and pepper
- This is more method than recipe.
- Pour plenty of oil into a small skillet. The amount you’ll need depends on how many people you’re feeding and how much dipping they do.
- Toss the garlic into the pan and let it roast in the oil over medium heat until it begins to brown a bit.
- Remove the oil from the heat and stir in the other seasonings.
- I don’t measure any of this, but just go by the way it looks to me.
- Serve with bread warmed in the oven.
Serve with bread warmed in the oven. I often buy bread from the Walmart bakery. Last time I lucked out and found focaccia marked down to .90. I’ve also used my own loaves of Depression Era Bread.