Broccoli, chicken and pasta. Any meal I make with these three favorites is going to be a hit in this house. Luckily, they’re also key ingredients for quick, weeknight meals.
For this recipe, I wanted to keep the flavors simple, but vibrant. Black pepper is so common, we sometimes forget that it can stand on it’s own. I didn’t want this to be too peppery for the kids, so I went a little lighter than if it had just been Jim and I eating.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Garlic Pepper Chicken and Broccoli with Parmesan Pasta. (Keep reading to enter the giveaway!)
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1½ lb. boneless chicken tenders
- 4 Tbs. butter
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 packet chicken flavor boost
- 1 - 1½ lbs. broccoli, cut
- 1 lb. angel hair pasta
- 1-2 cups cooking water from pasta
- kosher salt to taste
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with black pepper.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and chicken to skillet. Cook till chicken is done.
- While chicken cooks, steam broccoli and cook pasta in separate pans.
- Remove finished chicken from pan.
- Add chicken flavor boost packet and about 1 cup of pasta cooking water to skillet, scraping any browned bits from chicken into the sauce.
- Drain pasta and place back in pot.
- Toss pasta with contents from skillet and the broccoli.
- Season with kosher salt. Add extra pasta cooking water, if needed to keep it from being dry.
- Stir in Parmesan.
- Serve with chicken.
Compensation, giveaway prize, and product samples were received to share my honest opinion as
a Beneforté Broccoli Ambassador.