The baking season is gearing up! Are you ready?
I love baking (and eating too), so I was really excited to get to try out Duncan Hines new Frosting Creations. They’ve got quite a few flavors, including 4 new seasonal frosting tastes. Our favorite so far, is the Gingerbread Frosting. We ate most of the container with animal cookies. Such an easy and tasty snack for fall.
Today, I’ve got a recipe to share with you that uses Apple Pie Frosting. And I’ve got a fun giveaway from Duncan Hines and Wilton. Keep reading to find out how to enter!
These Oatmeal Cookies start with a cake mix (you know I love cake mix), so they are really easy to make. I spread part of them with the Apple Pie Frosting and part with Gingerbread Frosting. Both were a hit with friends who were over for dinner on Friday night.
I’m really anxious to try the Peppermint Frosting with Devil’s Food cake. There’s also a Pumpkin Spice flavor that would be good paired with chocolate.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Apple Pie Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies:
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake mix
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starter
- 1 packet Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Apple Pie Flavor mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheets or use a baking stone.
- Mix all the ingredients, except the frosting and frosting mix with an electric mixer.
- Drop by teaspoons onto baking sheet or stone.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Frost one cookie and place another on top to make a sandwich.
Recipe from Duncan Hines.
Now for the giveaway!
I’ve got a great prize package that one reader will win.
– “The Pastry Chef’s Companion: A Comprehensive Resource Guide for the Baking and Pastry Professional” by Glenn Rinsky and Laura Halpin Rinsky
– 4 Duncan Hines cake mixes
– 4 Duncan Hines® frosting creations™ starters
– 4 Duncan Hines® frosting creations™ flavor mixes in Apple Pie, Pumpkin Spice, Gingerbread and Peppermint Stick
To enter, leave a comment telling me which of the new seasonal flavors of Frosting Creations you would like to try.
Winner will be chosen next Monday and announced on the Eat at Home Facebook page. Only U.S. residents are eligible to win.
Disclosure: I was provided with samples of Duncan Hines cake mix and frostings to try. I have also been compensated for my time. All opinions are my own.