My sister-in-law shared this recipe with me. She got it from a bed and breakfast she stayed in. These cookies are soft and chewy, a little butterscotchy with sweet powdered sugar gathered in the crinkles. Yum!
Gather up your ingredients:
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1½ cups flour
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- ½ tsp. salt
- Cream the sugar and butter.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla and beat till combined.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and then mix with the wet ingredients.
- Chill the dough.
- Form into balls and roll them in powdered sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and press the balls down a bit.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 min or so. Don’t over bake them.