I have been loving sheet pan dinners. It’s one of my favorite ways to cook, because it’s so easy to incorporate the veggies with the meat and end up with a full meal with minimum effort. That’s my kind of cooking!
Recently I decided to try it with frozen chicken tenders. I didn’t even want to bother thawing them. Because they’re so thin and small, they thaw and cook quickly. This means you can easily start them from frozen.
I paired the chicken with fresh brussels sprouts and cubed butternut squash. This colorful combo works really well together, but feel free to vary the veggies in any way you like.
I used my largest sheet pan and lined it with parchment paper, although that step can be skipped if you want. Just be sure to brush some olive oil on your pan to keep the food from sticking. If you don’t have one large sheet pan, you can use a couple of regular sized ones.
If you love easy recipes like this, check out Eat at Home Weekly Meal Plans. We keep things simple and delicious by giving you the meal plan, grocery list and recipes for lots of easy dinners that fit in your day. Find out more here.
This meal is more method than recipe, although I have given you a recipe below. Use any type of seasoning you like on the chicken and vegetables. We love McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning on almost everything, but lemon pepper, garlic herb or plain salt and pepper would also be good.
Toss the vegetables with olive oil and season before adding to the pan. Because the butternut squash takes longer to cook than the brussels sprouts I added those at the same time as the chicken. I gave them 10-15 minutes to cook, then pulled the pan from the oven. Season the chicken at this time. It should be thawed and the seasoning will stick to it now. Add the brussels sprouts and pop back into the oven to finish baking.
- 2 lbs. frozen chicken tenders
- 3-4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 3-4 cups halved brussels sprouts
- several tablespoons olive
- seasoning blend of choice
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush large sheet pan with olive oil or line with parchment paper.
- Place frozen chicken on one end of pan in single layer.
- Toss butternut squash with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper. Add to sheet pan at the opposite end of the chicken.
- Place in oven and bake 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss brussels sprouts with drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Add brussels sprouts to center of pan and place back in oven. Bake 15-20 minutes more until chicken and vegetables are cooked through.
This post contains affiliate links.