Slow cooker sandwiches are one of my favorite meals. They work so well for several scenarios:
- They can handle a long cook time.
- They are perfect for feeding people in shifts.
- The leftovers make great lunches or dinners.
- Sandwiches don’t require complicated side dishes – also great for shift eating.
For these Cilantro Lime Chicken Sandwiches, I used a new Hidden Valley® Ranch Dressing flavor. Hidden Valley® has four new flavors :
- Hidden Valley® Ranch Buffalo dressing
- Hidden Valley® Ranch Honey BBQ dressing
- Hidden Valley® Ranch Sriracha dressing
- Hidden Valley® Ranch Cilantro Lime dressing
Any of the flavors will work in this recipe, but we really liked the taste of the Cilantro Lime dressing. It added a brightness to the chicken with the fresh taste of cilantro and the citric splash of lime.
The dish starts with chicken and seasonings. Creamy dressing is added near the end of cooking and served with the sandwiches too.
I picked up my ingredients from Walmart. It’s so easy to run into Walmart and grab everything I need at once. There’s a coupon for Hidden Valley® you can download here that will save you $0.75 on a 12oz or 16oz bottle.
In addition to the Hidden Valley® Ranch Cilantro Lime dressing, I used quite a few spices to season chicken tenders.
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 - 2.5 lbs. boneless chicken or chicken tenders
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ - 1 cup Hidden Valley Ranch Cilantro Lime dressing
- 8 sandwich buns
- lettuce and tomato for serving, optional
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle spices over chicken, tossing to coat chicken with spices.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- Shred chicken.
- Stir dressing into chicken, using enough to make it as creamy as you'd like.
- Serve on sandwich buns, topped with lettuce and tomato if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf ofHidden Valley® Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.