This is one of those classic recipes that gets passed around because it is so good. There are a million different variations.
I like this crockpot version. The chicken and veggies cook in the crockpot and the spaghetti and cheese get added later. It splits the meal prep into two easy parts and makes dinner fit into your day.
The next time I make this, I’m planning to add a can of diced green chilies and a can of drained, diced tomatoes. Or maybe just a can of tomatoes and green chilies. I kept it simple this time, and it’s good either way. Change it up to suit your family and what you have on hand in the pantry.
Here’s what you’ll need:
There’s only one can of cream of mushroom soup in the photo, but I decided to use two. You can use cream of chicken instead of mushroom, if you like. Or use a combination of both.
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 - 2.5 lbs. boneless chicken
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 drops hot sauce
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz broken spaghetti pieces, cooked
- Place chicken, onions, peppers, garlic in crockpot.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and hot sauce.
- Spoon cream of mushroom soup over the top.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred meat with a fork or tongs. It will fall apart easily.
- Stir in cooked spaghetti and 1½ cups of cheese. Let heat for another 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese. Let melt and then serve.