Quesadillas are a quick and easy favorite in our family. I wanted to take the concept and give it a different spin. Something other than Mexican.
We loved these Chicken Florentine Quesadillas!
They’re full of chicken (I used rotisserie chicken I had in the freezer), garlic cream cheese spread, spinach, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and Parmesan.
The great thing about quesadillas is they’re easy to make to order. So if you’ve got someone in your house that turns their nose up at the good stuff, give them a plain chicken and cheese option.
Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
I had grape tomatoes on hand, but sliced tomatoes will work just as well in this. The cream cheese is part of what makes these so good. The melty, garlic flavored cream cheese acts as the sauce on pasta does, bringing all the elements together.
Assembly is easy. Spread the cream cheese over the whole tortilla. Pile the other ingredients on half and then place in an oiled skillet, folding over to make a half moon shape. This makes it much easier to flip than trying to flip one that’s built by putting ingredients all over the circle and topping with another tortilla.
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 6-8 tortillas
- 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 15 oz can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Oil or cooking spray to grease the skillet.
- Stir cream cheese and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
- Spread cream cheese all over a tortilla.
- Pile the other ingredients on one half of tortilla.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray or add a bit of oil to the skillet.
- Place tortilla in skillet and flip over the empty side to make a half moon shape.
- Brown till crisp, then gently flip to the other side to brown.
- Remove from skillet and eat!
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.