This recipe came about due to two things.
First, a friend mentioned having Korean tacos and how good they were. I’d never tried them, but it sounded great!
Second, I wanted a homemade alternative to this Korean BBQ Mix. We love this mix, but it’s nice to be able to make something from scratch too.
I did a little research and then altered the recipe for Slow Cooker Honey Hoisin Chicken to come up with this version of Korean BBQ Tacos. I make no claim that these are authentic. But I do know they are good! Really good.
I used pork loin instead of beef or chicken, but any of those meats will work.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 3 lbs. boneless pork loin
- 8 oz hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅔ cup honey
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- 2 Tbs. lemon OR lime juice
- slaw mix or shredded cabbage to top tacos
- corn tortillas
- Place pork in slow cooker.
- Stir hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, ginger and lemon juice together.
- Pour over pork.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- Shred meat with a fork.
- Serve in taco shells topped with slaw. Or serve over rice.
- Any extra meat can be frozen for another time.
We also had the Korean BBQ meat served over rice. We topped it with the slaw and a little diced red pepper, like haystacks. You can also add other raw vegetables, like broccoli, carrots, onion etc.