I’m going to be talking about 3 of my favorite things in this post. Soup. Sweet potatoes. And slow cookers.
Make that 4 of my favorite things – how could I forget easy dinners! When Libby’s asked me to create an easy dinner recipe that cold be repurposed into lunch, I was in. Our lunches almost always consist of leftovers. Why cook twice, when you can do it once and have a second meal out of the deal?
This Veggie Chowder comes together really quick. The other thing I like about it, is that it’s a pantry meal. You can keep all of these things on hand, so you have the fixings for a fast dinner any time.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Soup is an economical way to feed a crowd.
Hot bowls of Veggie Chowder make a satisfying dinner when you pair it with cornbread and salad. Don’t worry if you don’t have too many leftovers. You only need a ladle full to spoon over a baked sweet potato for lunch the next day.
Here’s the recipe, but keep reading to enter the giveaway!
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 Tbs. flour
- 3 15oz cans chicken broth
- 2 15oz cans Libby's sliced potatoes
- 1 15oz can Libby's mixed vegetables
- 1 15oz can Libby's peas and carrots
- 1 15oz can Libby's corn
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook onion in butter over medium heat until onion is soft.
- Whisk in flour. Cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in broth.
- Drain veggies and add to soup.
- Add thyme and bay leaf.
- Stir in milk and heat over medium heat, being careful not to boil
- Serve big bowls of hot soup for dinner and over baked sweet potatoes for lunch the next day.
Libby’s is giving away 1 Kitchen Aid Slow Cooker to one Eat at Home reader! Enter below! Winner will be randomly selected. Open to US residents only.
Libby’s also has a Pinterest contest going on:
Disclosure: I have been compensated for my time and supplied with Libby’s products. All opinions are my own.