These Oven Baked Chicken Tacos quickly sky rocketed to the top of our family favorite list. Everyone loved them. And they are so easy to make, plus they’re versatile. You can alter the ingredients to suit what your family likes and what you have in the pantry.
I’d seen this recipe for Oven Baked Beef Tacos from Six Sisters Stuff floating around on Pinterest. It made my mouth water every time I saw it. I decided a chicken version sounded great.
I’ve made these starting with raw chicken tenders that I cooked in a skillet. And I’ve made them starting with cooked chicken that I had in the freezer. Both ways are quick (of course, using the cooked and frozen chicken is quicker).
The first time I made them, I didn’t add any tomatoes. I didn’t want there to be too much liquid. But the next time, when I used cooked chicken from the freezer, they seemed a bit dry, so I added a can of drained diced tomatoes. You really can vary these however you like.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 15 oz black bean, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz corn, drained
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbs. chili powder
- 18 crunchy corn taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook chicken in a skillet till done. (You can also use pre-cooked chicken.)
- Remove chicken from pan and chop.
- Cook onion and peppers in skillet until tender.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add beans, corn and spices.
- Fill taco shells and set upright in oven-proof pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 350 for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.