Slow cooker pulled pork is one of our staple dinners. It’s just so easy to throw it in the slow cooker before work in the morning. I regularly try to mix up the meal with slight variations to keep it from getting boring.
For this dish, I grabbed a jar of peach salsa from the international aisle of the grocery store to mix in. The sweetness of the peaches pair nicely against the tartness of the barbecue sauce. And, you only need three ingredients! You can’t beat that.
Serve this on buns with an easy side dish and you’re all set for dinner. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2-3 lb. boneless pork loin or pork roast
- 1 bottle (16 oz.) barbecue sauce
- 1 jar (16 oz.) peach salsa
- Rolls, for serving
- Place the pork in a slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce and peach salsa. Pour over the pork.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove the pork to a cutting board and shred using two large forks. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker and stir to combine with the sauce.
- Serve on rolls.
Kate is a home cook living and working in New Jersey. In addition to sharing recipes with Eat at Home readers, she blogs her cooking adventures at Kate’s Recipe Box. When she’s not in the kitchen, you can find her reading or tending to her garden.