You know I love a 15 minute meal. This one may come in at even less time than that.
I’ve had the idea for this for a while, but I wasn’t confident about how the flavors would taste together. But it was great! Especially considering the super quick prep time.
This dish does have jalepeno, but if you’re careful to remove the seeds, they aren’t spicy. It gives a nice addition to the flavors.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 of a large red onion, chopped
- 2-3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalepeno, seeds removed, diced
- 1 lb. ham cubes
- 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained and juice reserved
- salt and pepper to taste
- couscous cooked in chicken broth
- Cook garlic and onion in a large skillet in oil. Cook several minutes over medium heat.
- Add red pepper, jalepeno and ham cubes to the skillet. Cook till onion is done and ham is hot.
- Add pineapple and several spoonfulls of juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over couscous.