Ever since I first tasted International Delight Iced Coffee, I’ve loved it. I have to be careful not to drink the whole container myself. It’s so creamy and smooth and sweet and coffee tasting!
I was thrilled when they came out with new Light Iced Coffee. I’m in love with the Vanilla, but it also comes in Mocha. And in June, you’ll be able to find it in Caramel Macchiato too.
What’s so great about Light Iced Coffee? The fact that it only has 100 calories per serving! That means I can indulge more often. And I can enjoy it along side a sweet treat, like these Cinnamon Chip Scones. It’s like having my own coffee house at home.
I’m not sure I’d ever made scones before, but these are so easy to make. The dough comes together much like biscuits, but with the addition of an egg.
I used Hershey’s cinnamon chips in mine. They added a lot of flavor (perfect with the Light Iced Coffee). I also used the cinnamon chips to make a simple glaze for the top of the scones. Super easy and oh, so good!
Here’s what you’ll need to make the scones:
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6 Tbs. butter, softened
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup cinnamon chips
- 1 Tbs. cinnamon chips
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs. milk
- Stir the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two forks.
- Stir the beaten egg and milk together and add to the other ingredients. Stir with a fork until the dough forms a ball. If the mixture is too dry, add milk 1 Tbs. at a time.
- Fold in cinnamon chips.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead 5-6 times.
- Form into a 1 inch thick circle.
- Cut in 8 pieces and separate them a bit on a baking stone or cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Melt the cinnamon chips in the microwave, stirring after every 20 seconds.
- Add milk and powdered sugar until it's the consistency of a glaze.
- Drizzle over warme scones.
Right now International Delight has a fun $0.75 off coupon clip game running and a memory board game where fans can download fun digital coffee invitations. You can also follow International Delight on Pinterest.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I have been compensated for my time, but all opinions are my own.