As much as I love my slow cooker, sometimes I just forget to load it until it’s too late. On days like that, a skillet can come in handy. Skillets cook things quicker than baking them and much quicker than a crockpot, of course.
The other night I decided to make a skillet version of Angel Chicken. This is altered a bit from the original Angel Chicken recipe. Instead of the Italian Seasoning mix, I used Herbs de Provence. You could use a favorite of herbs and spices in this dish, depending on what you have available and what you’re in the mood for.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders
- 2-3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼-1/3 cup white wine
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1½ tsp. herbs de provence
- 3 oz cream cheese
- Brown chicken on both sides in olive oil in a large skillet.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook till onion softens.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Stir wine, soup and seasonings together. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook till chicken is cooked through.
- Add cream cheese to skillet and allow to melt. Stir to combine.
- Serve with pasta or baked potatoes.