These quick bars combine my favorite flavors in one dessert. Pour yourself a big glass of milk (or if you’re naughty, like me make it chocolate milk). If you like peanut butter and jelly, then you are going to love these.
I used strawberry jam to make mine. I think they’d be awesome with grape or blackberry too. Or cherry or…really any kind of jam would be great in these bars.
I adapted the recipe for Cherry Oat Bars. I thought I’d be able to decrease the butter, since I was adding in peanut butter, but that didn’t work out. The photo of the ingredients only shows part of the butter you’ll need. I love recipes like this one that use common pantry ingredients. If you’ve got a nearly full jar of jam to spare, then you’ve probably got everything you’ll need to make these.
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened
- 10-12 oz any kind of jam
- Place all the ingredients, except the jam into a mixer bowl.
- Blend until well combined.
- Press half into a greased (or parchment paper lined) 8 inch pan.
- Spread jam over the first layer.
- Top with rest of peanut butter mixture, pressing lightly with your hands.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving. These really do taste better cool.
I’m showing this post off at Pocket Change Gourmet Delicious Dishes party.