This is a guest post from Dawn Farias. In my house we are boring toast eaters for breakfast, but I’d serve this for a quick dinner or lunch any day! And if you do fix breakfast, this speedy and filling sandwich will make you happy.
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- 1 serving of thinly sliced deli cheese
- 1 serving of thinly sliced deli meat
- mayonnaise and salt to taste
- a flat-bottomed microwave safe bowl
- Begin toasting the bread as desired.
- While the bread is toasting, butter or otherwise grease your bowl and crack the egg into it. Add a dash of salt and then beat it with a fork. Microwave it on high for one minute.
- When the egg is finished add the slice of cheese on top and then the deli meat. Let rest while you handle your toast.
- Spread the mayonnaise on both sides of toast. Use a spatula to slide the egg/cheese/meat stack directly onto one of the pieces and top with the other. Enjoy.
ABOUT THE BLOGGER Dawn Farias blogs about faith, food, and family at Be Absorbed. She can also be found peddling her digital scrapbooking wares at Dawn by Design.