This is a guest post from Dawn Farias. In my house we are boring toast eaters for breakfast, but I’d serve this for a quick dinner or lunch any day! And if you do fix breakfast, this speedy and filling sandwich will make you happy.
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- 1 serving of thinly sliced deli cheese
- 1 serving of thinly sliced deli meat
- mayonnaise and salt to taste
- a flat-bottomed microwave safe bowl
- Begin toasting the bread as desired.
- While the bread is toasting, butter or otherwise grease your bowl and crack the egg into it. Add a dash of salt and then beat it with a fork. Microwave it on high for one minute.
- When the egg is finished add the slice of cheese on top and then the deli meat. Let rest while you handle your toast.
- Spread the mayonnaise on both sides of toast. Use a spatula to slide the egg/cheese/meat stack directly onto one of the pieces and top with the other. Enjoy.