You know how I love a 15 minute meal. Sometimes that’s all I have to pull dinner together. Such was the case the night I made this, but the inspiration for the dish had come a few months before.
When I went to Nashville for Blissdom, a group of us had dinner together the first night. Tricia from Once a Month Mom was our ring leader and she took us downtown to Demo’s Restaurant. I chose the spaghetti with brown butter garlic sauce. It tasted really good, but I had an inkling that I could make it better at home.
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 lb. angel hair pasta
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 - 1½ cups Parmesan, shredded
- 1-2 cups water from pasta
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions. Note Before draining the pasta, dip out 1-2 cups of the water and set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic to skillet. Cook several minutes until garlic is roasted and butter is golden brown in color.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, remembering to reserve 1-2 cups of water before draining.
- Add garlic butter and Parmesan to pasta.
- Ladle cooking water into pasta, tossing to melt cheese. Use enough water to get a creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.