You may have noticed over the last few days that my site has been slooooooow. I couldn’t even get it to load for me in order to write a post or approve a comment. So frustrating. But I’ve switched hosting companies (switch should be complete sometime today) and hopefully, the site will work fantastically from now on. Thanks for your patience while we were having problems!
Now for the cake. This is a peach variation on the Apple Spice Cake. It starts with a cake mix and a can of peach pie filling. The result is a moist cake studded with peaches and drizzled with a sweet, peachy glaze.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Sorry for the blurriness on the ingredient photo. I think I had the aperture set too low.
The can of peach nectar came from Walmart in the juice aisle. They had quite a few flavors of juice in individual cans for just .38 cents. If you can’t find peach nectar, you can substitute apricot or just use milk to make the glaze. You’ll also need powdered sugar for the glaze, which I forgot to put in the photo.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 21 oz can peach pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-3 Tbs. peach nectar
- Mix cake mix, pie filling, eggs and vanilla together with an electric mixer. Batter should be well blended, but with pieces of peach.
- Pour into greased bundt pan.
- Bake 350 for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Put powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Add peach nectar one tablespoon at a time.
- Stir with a spoon until glaze reaches the consistency of thick glue.
- Drizzle over cake.