As far as I’m concerned, coffee ice cream with hot fudge is the best dessert in the world. It’s my favorite of favorites.
So when I was asked to try Häagen-Dazs® and I got to choose my own flavor, I jumped at the chance. Have I ever mentioned how much I love ice cream?
Of course, I chose coffee ice cream. I thought about posting a photo of a big bowl of Häagen-Dazs® with hot fudge, because that is how I like to eat it best. But, then a friend told me about a pie she once had. The pie had coffee ice cream, rich fudge, toffee pieces and a chocolate crust. Holy ice cream scoops!
This pie is impressive, perfect for serving to company. It’s no-bake, easy to assemble and you can make it ahead of time because it gets kept in the freezer until you’re ready to eat.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 pints coffee ice cream
- ⅓ cup toffee chips
- 5-6 oz hot fudge topping
- chocolate graham cracker crust
- Soften ice cream by letting it sit on the counter for several minutes.
- Put ice cream in a bowl and stir with a spoon to soften it more and make it possible to spread in pie crust.
- Spread half of ice cream in crust.
- Sprinkle with half of toffee chips.
- Top with fudge. Dollop the fudge and spread it as best you can.
- Spread remaining ice cream on top of fudge.
- Sprinkle with remaining toffee chips.
- Place fudge in plastic baggie. Cut tip of baggie and squeeze fudge on top of pie in decorative pattern.
- Store in the freezer.
As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received a stipend and coupons for free Häagen-Dazs® ice cream