One of my book club friends told me about this recipe, only she called it a salad. My kids said it was the best salad they’d ever eaten. I didn’t have the actual recipe, but I changed a few things from the way my friend described it. She said she used buttermilk with vanilla pudding. I decided to use cheesecake pudding instead. I also wasn’t sure how the salad was put together in the original recipe. I decided to layer mine.
The ingredients are simple. Next time I’ll buy name brand fudge-stripe cookies. The generic version were okay, but I think the real deal would be better.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 boxes cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling + milk to make pudding
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 1 pack fudge stripe cookies (you won't need the whole pack)
- Make the pudding according to the package directions.
- After pudding sets up in refrigerator, assemble in a round or square pan.
- Place layer of cookies on bottom. Add half of pudding. Top with oranges. Repeat layers.