Spoonfuls of deep, creamy chocolate. Now that’s the way to impress your sweetie (or sweeties)!
This dessert is inspired by one I had while eating out a few weeks ago. There’s something sweet about individual servings. I think it shows you’ve taken a little extra time to make it special.
I call recipes like this one “cheater recipes”. It’s the best kind of cheating. You end up with an impressive and delicious dessert for about $4 for 6 servings. Much less than a similar dessert would cost when eating out and it’s every bit as decadent.
It starts with these ingredients:
Serves: Makes 6-8 servings, depending on the size of dessert cups you use.
- 2 boxes Jello Chocolate Mousse + milk to make according to package directions
- 1 package (8x8 pan) brownie mix + ingredients to bake according to package directions
- whipped cream
- cocoa for garnish
- Mix mousse and bake brownies according to package directions. Allow brownies to cool and mousse to chill.
- Choose small dessert cups or parfait glasses. Cut brownies to fit bottom of cup. I used a drinking cup as a round cutter for the brownies.
- Spoon chilled mousse over brownie.
- Spread whipped cream over mousse.
- Dust the top with cocoa, if desired. I used a small wire strainer to dust the cocoa.