Sometimes, you’re just not in the mood to find a recipe and yet, dinner has to be made. If you know it’s going to be fish and need some ideas for how to fix it, this post is for you.
Here are 10 tasty fixes plus a few cooking methods to choose from too.
Cooking method 1 – Oven
Place your choice of fish on a rimmed baking sheet. You can drizzle with butter if you like. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
You can also use a foil packet in the oven, which is a nice way to add veggies. Wrap the foil loosely around the fish and veggies and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Cooking method 2 – Skillet
Use a large skillet. You may have to cook in batches if you’re cooking quite a few pieces of fish. Melt butter and cook the fish over medium heat for 3-5 minutes per side, depending on how thick the pieces are.
Coking method 3 – Grill
I usually use and indoor grill (George Foreman). It’s probably my favorite way to cook fish because it doesn’t add any fat (like the skillet method) and it’s super quick. The fish is done in about 5 minutes, depending on the thickness.
There’s only one outdoor grill method I’ve used and that’s foil packet. I’ve done individual as well as one large packet. Both ways work fine. Use heavy duty foil to avoid scorching the fish. You can add veggies to the packet too. I’d love to try a grill basket or cedar plank sometime.
10 ways to add flavor:
1. Greek seasoning – sprinkle on fish and cook with your chosen method
2. Lemon pepper seasoning
3. Italian seasoning
4. Old Bay Seasoning – a classic!
5. Cajun seasoning
6. Italian dressing – Use in a foil packet or oven on a baking sheet
7. BBQ sauce – Especially good on salmon. Use in oven in foil packet or the oven with a baking sheet.
8. Add veggies in a foil packet – Use veggies that cook quickly like zucchini, yellow squash, thin onion slices, mushrooms, tomatoes etc.
9. Garlic butter – Cook minced garlic in butter in a skillet and then add fish. Or melt butter and add minced garlic, then pour over fish and cook in oven on baking sheet or in foil packet.
10. Top cooked fish with diced tomatoes, red onion and cilantro (or basil, parsley or other herbs).
If you’d like to have a fish recipe, check out the Fish Category. There are lots of easy recipes listed there, just keep scrolling to see them all.