Have a cut of beef in your freezer that you need to fix for dinner? Not in the mood for a recipe? No problem!
Here are some ideas to get you started. No recipe required.
These ideas are for roasts or other cuts. If you’ve got a nice steak, you’ll want to choose a different cooking method.
All of these ideas can be done in the oven or slow cooker. The cooking time will depend on the cut of beef and how large the piece is. As a general rule, beef roast or a round steak weighing about 2-3 lbs. will take 6-7 hours on high in the slow cooker.
9 ways to fix beef roast or other cuts of beef
- Salsa – any type.
- Diced tomatoes and green chilis. Shred the meat and serve in tortillas or slice and serve with cornbread and veggies.
- Enchilada sauce, shred and serve in tortillas.
- Jar of gravy, add potatoes, carrots and onions cut in chunks.
- Cream of mushroom soup. Serve with baked potatoes.
- Spaghetti sauce – Pour over the meat. Add green peppers and onions. Serve over angel hair pasta.
- Bbq sauce – Shred or slice and serve on buns.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasonings, add onions, garlic and a splash of red wine.
- Bay leaf, rosemary, salt and pepper, red wine or beef broth.
- Make French Dip Sandwiches – Pour can of beef broth and 1 Tbs. worcestershire sauce over meat. Shred and serve on sub buns.