I had fun digging into Google Analytics to determine the top 10 posts for the year. There were a few surprises and a few I predicted. Here’s the list:
Top Posts for 2011
1. 28 Muffin Recipes You’ll Want to Try – This post went nuts on StumbleUpon. I first noticed traffic several weeks after I posted it, but it just kept building. Every few weeks a new burst of traffic hit again. It just keeps stumbling along.
2. Homemade Chicken and Dumplings. It’s Easy. Really. – Everyday people search “Chicken and Dumplings” and land on my blog. I posted this less than a year after I started blogging. I added it to Pioneer Woman’s Tasty Kitchen (where it’s got 5 oven mitts and 29 reviews). A few weeks ago, the Tasty Kitchen Blog picked it up. Pinterest loves that recipe too.
3. Bowtie Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers and Grilled Chicken – Another that did really well on StumbleUpon.
4. The Original Menu post (Week 1) that I posted way back in August of 2009. With nearly 11,000 menu/grocery list downloads, this post remains the most popular of all of the menus. I guess most folks like to start at the very beginning.
5. The No-Bake, No-Cook, No-Time Gift Solution – 4 Snack Mixes in a Jar – This has quickly shot to the top. Everyone needs a last minute gift. And Pinterest loves jars. Amen.
6. 36 Recipes for Restaurant-Style Meals at Home – Another that owes it’s spot on this list to StumbleUpon.
7. Low Cost Menu/Grocery List/Recipes post from August ’09.
8. Baked Spaghetti – I knew this would make the top 10. People search for it every day.
9. Printable Menu Planner – This is actually a page, not a post, but I’m including it anyway.
10. Menu Week 5 – It’s near the top of the list on the Menus page in the Nav bar. It just sits in a good location so it enjoys a lot of traffic.
Top Referrers in 2011
StumbleUpon, Pinterest, Facebook and Google are my top referrers, in that order. But I want to talk about the blogs that send me traffic.
1. The Organizing Junkie – I link to Menu Plan Monday each week. Laura puts together an amazing linky party every Monday. She’s got a fantastic blog all about organizing. You’ve got to check it out. It is nearly January, after all (resolutions and all that jazz).
2. Disboards – It’s not a blog, but it is one of my favorite places online. Disboards is a forum (many forums) for all things Disney. I especially like the Budget Board.
3. Crystal & Co. – I love Crystal. If you haven’t checked out her blog, you should pop over there now. Even her blog design and logo make me happy when I see them.
4. My Life Scoop – This blog included Eat at Home in a list of “Top 10 Weeknight Dinner Blogs”.
5. Hoosier Homemade – Liz and I have worked together on several projects over the past year. She’s one of my best blogging friends
6. Mommy’s Kitchen – Tina’s blog is similar to mine, in that we both cook “regular” food for families.
7. Tasty Kitchen – This is mostly from the Chicken and Dumplings recipe, but I’ve got a few other recipes over there as well.
8. Real Mom Kitchen – Another great blog for “regular” people food.
9. Sprinkle Bakes – I love this blog. She’s always making beautiful desserts. Amazingly beautiful desserts. And she was so gracious to add a link to my version of her Blue Velvet Cupcakes post.
10. $5 Dinners – Erin Chase is fantastic and her blog is a wonderful resource for frugal cooking.
I love the work I do on my blog, the people I’ve met and of course all the food. I am so thankful for all of you who read, comment, email, and share this space with me.
I pray you have a blessed New Year and I’m looking forward to sharing with you in 2012!