Eating Cheese Soup and Sister Schubert’s Soft Pretzel Rolls made me feel like I was in Canada.
Not the real Canada. The Disney version in EPCOT. They have a restaurant there called Le Cellier that serves cheese soup and pretzel bread. So yummy!
This recipe is not exactly like the Disney soup, but it is very good and easy to make. And the Pretzel Rolls are super easy. Just pop them in the oven to warm for a few minutes.
My kids were so excited to have the rolls again. They’d been asking me to serve them since we’d had Reuben Sliders on Pretzel Rolls a few weeks ago. The rolls are crusty on the outside, but the inside is soft and tender. The flavor is like soft pretzels. They’re a perfect compliment to any soup, but I think they go especially well with cheese soup.
Here’s what you’ll need for the soup:
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup Velveeta, cut in small cubes
- 8 slices American cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour the broth into a large soup pot. Add carrots and celery and bring to a boil. Turn down and simmer till veggies are tender.
- In another pan, melt the butter and cook onion over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook for a minute or two. Add milk, cooking till smooth and thickened.
- Add milk mixture to broth.
- Stir in cheese and cook till melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Have you ever tried Sister Schubert’s Pretzel Rolls?
I was one of eight bloggers selected by Sister Schubert’s Homemade Rolls to review their products. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program as well as my writing about my experience. I have also been provided products for review. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.