Thank you so much for all the wonderful birthday wishes for my mom yesterday! She loved reading them and so did I. You all are the absolute best group of folks on the entire internet!
This recipe works like magic. You combine a few pantry staples, put it in the slow cooker and a few hours later…ta da!
You end up with chocolate cake with fudgy sauce!
I’ve seen this recipe on several blogs lately. Traditionally, it’s baked in the oven, but I really wanted to know if it would work in the slow cooker. It does!
Let me show you what you’ll need:
I used this recipe from Tasty Kitchen. The only change I made was to bake it in a slow cooker. I also re-ordered the ingredient list, to make it easier to follow.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbs. cocoa
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbs. cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker crock with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, 3 Tbs. cocoa and 3/4 cup white sugar.
- Stir milk, melted butter and vanilla into the flour mixture until smooth. Pour into the greased crock.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle over the top of the batter in the crock.
- Pour hot water over the top of ingredients in the slow cooker. Do not stir!
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Remove the lid and let stand for several minutes before serving. At first, it will be a bit too liquidy, but should thicken up after several minutes.
Have you ever eaten chocolate cobbler?
I’m showing this off at: