Chicken and Dumplings is one of my family’s favorite meals, but I don’t always have time to make the homemade version. This time, I decided to try a reader suggestion for super-quick dumplings.
The secret is flour tortillas. It doesn’t get easier than that. And I even used frozen chicken tenders, skipping the thawing. Those two time-saving steps make this meal a breeze.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1½ - 2 lbs chicken tenders (can start these from frozen)
- 6 carrots, about 1 lb., sliced
- 1-2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- ½ tsp. poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 flour tortillas, cut into squares
- 1 Tbs. flour
- Place chicken tenders in slow cooker, either thawed or frozen.
- Add carrots and celery to slow cooker.
- Stir cream soup, chicken broth, milk, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper together. Pour over other ingredients in crock.
- Cook on high 7-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and chop or pull apart with 2 forks.
- Toss flour tortilla pieces with flour. Stir into soup 30 minutes before serving.