I put this together before church one Sunday morning. It smelled (and tasted!) fantastic when we got home. If you have garden fresh tomatoes, they make a wonderful side dish. A simple tossed salad would be good too.
I don’t have an ingredient picture this time. I think I was too busy getting ready for church, cooking as fast as I could. I forgot to snap the photo.
I did use frozen chicken tenders and skipped thawing them. They cooked just fine. You can also save time by estimating the herb measurements instead of measuring.
Here’s the how-to:
- 2 lbs. Frozen chicken tenders
- 1 Medium onion, sliced
- 1½ lbs. New potatoes, quartered
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp. Oregano
- ½ tsp. Basil
- ½ tsp. Thyme
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-2 Tbs. Olive oil
- Place chicken in the slow cooker. Top with sliced onion.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, Parmesan and oil. Toss with potatoes.
- Put potatoes over chicken and onions in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
Sometimes I get dinner in the slow cooker before church. Sometimes we have planned leftovers or a 15 minute meal. What’s your routine for dinner after church?