Lemon Cheesecake Dessert

Still looking for a dessert for Easter?  Here you go!

This is the “cheesecake” I grew up with.  Unlike the real deal, this one is light with a hint of lemon.  It’s also no-bake, so it’s easy to make.

Here’s what you’ll need:

• 1 box lemon jello (gelatin) (3oz box)
  • 1 cup very hot water
  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 Tbs. sugar
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 12 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed

Dissolve the jello in hot water.  Set aside to cool.

Stir the sugar and graham cracker crumbs together.  Add the butter and mix well.  Reserve 1/2 cup for the topping.  Press the rest into a 9×13 pan.

Combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a mixer bowl.  Beat until well combined.  Stir in the lemon jello, until well combined.  Fold in the frozen whipped topping until it’s all blended.  Pour this onto the crust.  Sprinkle with reserved topping.  Refrigerate at least 6 hours or until the next day.

Comments

1. Heather Bealonis says:

Is it corredt that it calls for a TBSPof sugar and a cup of sugar?

• Heather, yes it’s correct. You use the Tbs. of sugar with the graham cracker crumbs for the crust. The cup of sugar goes with the cream cheese part.

2. This looks great. I love the lemon flavor and that it is no-bake! Can’t wait to try it.

3. Mmmm…this sounds awesome!!! I just may have to make this for Sunday. :)

4. You just gave me our dessert for Easter dinner. My husband loves cheesecake! I think I’ll keep it a secret and surprise everyone. (Gee, I hope Grace doesn’t read this…) Thanks so much!!!

5. thank you so much for this recipe,. i couldn’t decide what to make for dessert on easter, wanted something simple that fed a lot of people and this is perfect. thank you, can’t wait to try it!

6. Ooh, this looks good! Very simple too, thanks!

7. Might want to clarify if you mean lemon gelatin or pudding, since you are using a brand name to describe it. And you can’t see the picture on the box. My first read I thought pudding and then realized you must mean gelatin. ;) Sounds yummy!

• Tracy, it is gelatin. I edited the post. Thanks for pointing that out. When I think “jello”, I think gelatin, but that could be confusing.

8. Mmmm, I might try it with strawberry jello!

9. We will make this tomorrow. Lemon is a favorite. We have cut back on sugar so I will use honey. Thanks for the great idea.

10. Dawn Farias says:

I like the lemon jello idea! Hmmm… I’m going grocery shopping today…

11. I made a simpler strawberry version of this for Easter, it was good but not great! My version was basically strawberry gelatin and whipped topping. To me, it was a bit lacking, this would definitely make it more interesting. I’ll have to try it!
    Those measuring spoons are adorable! Would you mind to share where you got them?

12. Diana G. says:

Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I had been undecided aboutwhat to make for Easter dessert, but i definitely wanted something easy but sounded good. I saw the email post for it – decision made! I made it and it was a big hit. This is a keeper!! :o]

13. Hi! I’m having a linky party called A Themed Baker’s Sunday where this week’s theme is LEMONS! Time is running out though! and I would love for you to link this recipe or another lemony deliciousness! Can’t Wait!
    Alyssa

14. Carrie says:

We do one similar with bananas and banana pudding, Can’t wait to try this! Thanks for all the hard work you put into this site! I visit daily!

15. Made this today! So tasty and easy. Much better flavor and texture than that “boxed” no-bake cheesecake that I love (embarrassingly). This is a keeper!

16. This looks delicious and so simple! Must try this soon!

17. Kathy Huffman says:

I made this last week & loved it, lemon is my chocolate so this was right up my alley! Next time I make it I am going to skip the vanilla & use lemon extract to up the lemoniness (is that a word?) cause I love it. Really yummy, thanks so much for sharing this recipe.

18. Hi, the pic is so tempting. Will try it this week. Am I correct in understanding that only hot water is added to jello and that later you do not need to add any cold water since you are adding other things like cool whip etc?

19. One question do you let the jello completely set or just cool?

20. Kathy Bragg says:

I am 52 and my mom made a very similar dessert my whole life. But, she made it in two layers, mixing cream cheese, half strength thick Jello and lemon juice as the first layer, then whipped topping, half strength jello and the lemon zest as the second layer. She just called it Lemon Icebox Pie.