Every once in a while, I like a good cheater meal. One that relies on a prepared ingredient to speed dinner prep. This one uses two such ingredients – a jar of alfredo sauce and prepared pizza crust. You could probably also count the bag of pre-washed spinach and shredded cheese too.
In fact, the only thing I really cooked for this was the grilled chicken. If you’re in a big hurry, you could buy those grilled chicken strips from the meat section of the grocery. I used the George Foreman to grill mine since the grill was covered with snow.
What can I say? I like to cheat at dinner prep sometimes. Call me lazy.
- 2 pizza crusts
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach
- 2-3 cups grilled chicken, sliced (I used 9 chicken tenders)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spread Alfredo sauce on the crust. I used about ¾ of the jar for 2 pizzas.
- Layer spinach, chicken and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the rest of the Alfredo.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
I made one pizza with no tomatoes for the kids. Use the extra spinach for a salad.
You could also use grilled chicken that you’ve sliced and frozen for this pizza.
Speaking of freezer cooking, on February 19 we’re going to have a Virtual Freezer Cooking Day via Facebook. There will be giveaways involved! You can RSVP to the event by clicking here.