If you like planning your own menus, but want to be able to produce the grocery list easily, check out Plan to Eat. You can import your own recipes or recipes you find on the web. The site not only keeps your recipes organized, but it also automatically creates a grocery list when you plan the menu. And planning is as easy as drag-and-drop! So cool!
Plan to Eat has a tour you can take of the site, so you can see how it all works. Pop over and have a look.
I’ve got just a couple of notes about this week’s menu. First, you’ll need to have some cooked chicken on hand for the Chicken Shepherd’s Pie. Considering buying and cooking more than you need so you’ll have some to stash away in the freezer. (See Cooking Meat to Freeze for Later.)
There are also two recipes that use instant mashed potatoes – Chicken Shepherd’s Pie and CocoNot Cookies. I think Idaho Spuds is the best brand to buy, especially for the cookies.
On the menu this week:
- Chicken, Broccoli and Red Pepper Stir-Fry
- Ham, Broccoli and Cheddar soup, salad, cornbread
- French Dip Sandwiches in the Slow Cooker, French fries, carrot sticks
- Chicken Shepherd’s Pie, favorite steamed veggie, Cranberry & Oranges
- Italian Sausage Pasta Sauce, salad
- Mexican Beans and Rice, salad, tortilla chips and salsa
- CocoNot Cookies
To print, click here: Menu, Grocery List, Recipes Year 2 Week 12 (838)
This menu is part of Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com
There’s still time to enter the Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn giveaway. It closes tonight!