Sometimes when I go to a coffee shop (not often) in the evening, instead of getting coffee I like to get steamed vanilla milk. They use the steamer on the espresso machine to froth warm milk and add a shot of vanilla syrup.
It’s easy to replicate at home. Vanilla syrup can be bought in the coffee section of the grocery store. Add a bit to a cup of milk and microwave it to warm. Then give it a good stir. I use a little battery powered whisk I bought at Ikea for under $2. You can see I got a little carried away with the whisking and made a mess.
Grab your favorite beverage and check out what I’ve found across the blogosphere this week.
- Nikki at Coupon Cookin’ shares Candy Corn Popcorn Balls
- Crystal from Crystal and Company made completely cute Ghost Halloween Treat with marshmallows and white chocolate.
- Brandi from Savin’ Some talks about clearing out magazine clutter and getting to enjoy the articles too.
- Jennifer from Coupon Mommie does a weekly CVS ad and coupon match up. When I pay attention and clip some coupons, I’ve been able to save a lot of $ at CVS.
- Ever try to cancel one of those automatic payment club plans (like for coffee, books, CDs etc)? Kay at Bucksome Boomer tells about her experience.
- Andrea from Green Backs Gal talks about grocery budgets and supermarket strategies.
I want to wish my Mother-in-law and Father-in-law happy anniversary! 50 years ago today they said “I do”. They have loved each other and served God together ever since. They are a wonderful example and blessing.