This is a guest post from Christine at Random Hangers. If you’re interested in guest posting on Eat at Home, contact me.
- 1 cup (8 oz.) dark chocolate chips
- 6 oz. walnut pieces
- 12 oz. cranberries (one larger bag or two smaller)
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter, crunchy or creamy (optional)
- This is close to the original, healthy recipe I found in a magazine. Feel free to add additional chocolate for a thicker coating. More antioxidants for you!
- Don’t like dried cranberries? Raisins work too.
- Cashews, peanuts or almonds can be substituted for the walnuts.
- If you don’t add peanut butter, bump up the amount of chocolate to ensure everything is properly coated.
- I used cherry-juice infused cranberries for this batch, which _to me_ gave it an odd, almost cough-syrup flavor. Hubby disagreed and said he would even be up for trying the blueberry ones in the future. The moral? Use at your own risk…