This is the first time I’ve ever made dessert in the slow cooker. We had a busy night with a soccer game for one child and practice for another child, so dinner was leftover ham sandwiches. But I did take a few minutes to throw this into the slow cooker.
Warm, cinnamony peach crisp made the quick supper seem special. The best part is, the ingredients are simple pantry staples.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, softened + extra to butter crock
- 2 large (20 oz) cans peaches, drained well
- Butter the inside of the crock or spray with cooking spray.
- Stir together brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- Put the drained peaches in the crock and stir ½ the crumbs into the fruit.
- Top with the rest of the crumbs.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours.
- If you want to really crisp it up, pop the crock under the broiler for a minute before serving. We skipped that step and it was still delicious and a little bit crispy around the edges.
Do you use your slow cooker for dessert?
I’m showing this off at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.