The beauty of a chicken leg is not in how it looks. They may be ugly, but they’re a kid-pleasing food that’s easy to fix.
I cooked these in the slow cooker, but you could do them in the oven instead. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4.5 lbs chicken legs
- 1 bottle chili sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- Place the chicken legs in the slow cooker or on a pan if you’re cooking them in the oven.
- Stir the sauce ingredients together and pour over the chicken legs.
- Cook in the slow cooker 7-8 hours on low or 5-6 hours on high.
- Or cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour or till done.
The slow cooker method is convenient, but the best tasting chicken legs were the ones at the top that had all the good sauce on them. The legs at the bottom were still tasty, but didn’t have as much sauce and had cooked in the broth that was created. Baking the legs in the oven would probably solve this problem. However, that was a small price to pay for the convenience of the slow cooker.