Inspired by a cookie on Kristal’s blog, Knit 1, Kids 4 I created this cookie. I made one batch on Friday night, which my family polished off. I made another batch on Sunday evening for our small group. Judging from their rapid disappearance, I’d say the cookies were a hit.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Serves: about 5 dozen
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 Tbs. coffee liqueur, or strong brewed coffee
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups, plus 1 big spoon (several Tbs) of flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a mixer bowl.
- Beat in the eggs and add the coffee liqueur.
- Stir the dry ingredients together and then beat them into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 9 minutes.
Don’t miss a single recipe. You can have recipes sent right to your inbox by putting your email address in the box at the top right corner. Or subscribe to the RSS by clicking the orange icon in the top right corner. Either way, it’s free and fun!