Do you need extra money because of an unexpected bill or unplanned purchase? For many of us, it’s possible to find that money hiding in the freezer and pantry.
I don’t do any kind of bulk shopping, but I still end up with extra food in my freezer and pantry. I tend to pick up the same items from the store each week, whether we need them or not. This is because of poor planning on my part. I know I use frozen chicken, flour, sugar etc., but I can’t remember if I need it or not. Better to buy than run out. Or I buy an item with the intention of using it that week, only to neglect it and lose it in the back of the freezer.
Take the One Week Challenge with Me:
Commit to trying to cook only foods from your pantry or freezer for a week. You will need to buy some fresh dairy and produce, of course, but try to spend as little money as possible on groceries.
By doing this you will:
- Translate the money you’ve already saved (by buying extra food) into cash that you can use for other things.
- Clean out your pantry and fridge, redeeming the lost and forgotten foods from reaching their expiration dates unnoticed.
3 Steps to Start:
1. Leave a comment here and let me know you’ve joined the challenge. Let’s support each other in this.
2. Go on a “Search and Rescue Mission” in your freezer and pantry. Take inventory so you know what you have to work with.
3. Tell others. Nearly everyone can use ideas to save money these days. Tell your friends so they can get in on it too. Let’s support each other in this challenge, sharing recipes and ideas. How much money can we save? Let’s find out!
Tommorrow I will share the contents of my pantry and freezer and show you how I created a menu using those items. I’ll include lots of tips so that you can do the same thing.
Don’t miss a thing in this series – just click the orange “posts” button in the top right corner to subscribe or type your email in the box and the posts will be sent to your inbox.
I’m looking forward to seeing how creative eveyone can get with this. Are you in?