My Favorite Cheater Meal – Tyson Crockpot Roast

Shares 2

Disclaimer: Tyson doesn’t know who I am and I’m not advertizing for them.
Have you seen these Tyson roasts in the meat section of the grocery? They cost around $12 and they are so worth it. I’ve tried both the beef roast and pork roast and I’ve seen that they sell beef stew, but I haven’t tried that yet.

It takes about 2 minutes to have dinner in the crockpot. Open the meat and put it in the pot. Open the veggies and toss them in on top. Mix the seasoning packet with 1 cup of water and pour it in.

I like to turn the broth into gravy. Put a couple spoons of flour in a container with a tight fitting lid. Add some water and shake the daylights out of it. You want it to be thick, but well combined and pourable. Whisk the thickening into the broth that is still in the crockpot and your gravy is done.

Dinner for the 6 of us for about $2 per person. Faster than fast food and better too. (Use a crockpot liner to speed the cleanup process.)

Email3

You Might Also Like:

Comments

1. Blogging Mama Andrea says:

Looks yummy, can I come over??

2. Mrs. Jelly Belly says:

I’ve never seen these, but I’ll be on the lookout. Seems like a really good idea.

3. I have seen these and have been skeptical, but that looks easy!

4. Kimm at Reinvented says:

Thanks for the recommendation, I probably wouldn’t have tried these otherwise. We all need a “cheater” meal now and then! πŸ™‚

5. Call Me Cate says:

I’ve never seen these – just came from the grocery store. I’ll keep an eye open for them because they look very convenient.

6. I use these ALL the time – usually a couple times a month. I love the pork roast and beef roast, but the beef stew is not great.

7. Ryan Ashley Scott says:

Are you kidding me? Cheap, easy and it tastes good, too? I’ll be hunting for these on my trip out.

8. Mmmmm… looks good πŸ™‚

9. Katherine Aucoin says:

I’ve seen those in the grocery and wondered how good they were. Now I will have to try one!

10. Oh, that looks de-lish! I haven’t seen that…but I’m all for easy dinners on weeknights and only $12, what a steal. Thanks for sharing…putting it on my grocery list right now!

StampinMom πŸ™‚

11. Jessica says:

I’ve seen these before when I lived in Georgia and use to make them all the time!! I am living back in NY and they do not have this anywhere! What kind of seasoning is used in it? I can’t remember for the life of me and I want to make it this weekend for my boyfriend

12. Better way? Throw the veggies in first, season the pork with the seasoning packet, sear both sides in a cast iron skillet and then put the meat on top of the veggies. Deglaze the pan with water and scrape up all those good brown bits, then pour THAT into the crockpot. I do that the night before and keep it all in the fridge, then just turn the crock pot on low when I leave in the morning. In fact I’ve got one going at home right now πŸ˜‰

13. Tried one of these today and trust me folks, THIS KIT IS FANTASTIC!!!! A chef couldn’t have done it better nor more easily. In my opinion, for the money, you simply can’t get a better tasting, more easy to prepare meal. The only thing that MIGHT make it just a little bit better is giving a little bit more veggies in the packet (Potatoes and Carrots–the onion and celery amount was fine). One thing you also might want to try (what I did) was to combine a McCormick Pot Roast wet seasoning pouch, also sold at Walmart, the same place I got this kit from. The seasoning kit is in the aisle with all the other seasonings and cost about $1.80 but boy did it really create a super roast! The kit comes with it’s own seasoning packet as well (dry packet) which I also used. I just happened to have the McCormick pack in my cabinet so I figured I would add it in also. I am so glad I did that, it was an incredibly delicious beef roast.