My Favorite Cheater Meal – Tyson Crockpot Roast

Disclaimer: Tyson doesn’t know who I am and I’m not advertizing for them.
Have you seen these Tyson roasts in the meat section of the grocery? They cost around $12 and they are so worth it. I’ve tried both the beef roast and pork roast and I’ve seen that they sell beef stew, but I haven’t tried that yet.

It takes about 2 minutes to have dinner in the crockpot. Open the meat and put it in the pot. Open the veggies and toss them in on top. Mix the seasoning packet with 1 cup of water and pour it in.

I like to turn the broth into gravy. Put a couple spoons of flour in a container with a tight fitting lid. Add some water and shake the daylights out of it. You want it to be thick, but well combined and pourable. Whisk the thickening into the broth that is still in the crockpot and your gravy is done.

Dinner for the 6 of us for about $2 per person. Faster than fast food and better too. (Use a crockpot liner to speed the cleanup process.)

Comments

1. Blogging Mama Andrea says:

Looks yummy, can I come over??

2. Mrs. Jelly Belly says:

I’ve never seen these, but I’ll be on the lookout. Seems like a really good idea.

3. I have seen these and have been skeptical, but that looks easy!

4. Kimm at Reinvented says:

Thanks for the recommendation, I probably wouldn’t have tried these otherwise. We all need a “cheater” meal now and then! :)

5. Call Me Cate says:

I’ve never seen these – just came from the grocery store. I’ll keep an eye open for them because they look very convenient.

6. I use these ALL the time – usually a couple times a month. I love the pork roast and beef roast, but the beef stew is not great.

7. Ryan Ashley Scott says:

Are you kidding me? Cheap, easy and it tastes good, too? I’ll be hunting for these on my trip out.

8. Mmmmm… looks good :)

9. Katherine Aucoin says:

I’ve seen those in the grocery and wondered how good they were. Now I will have to try one!

10. Oh, that looks de-lish! I haven’t seen that…but I’m all for easy dinners on weeknights and only $12, what a steal. Thanks for sharing…putting it on my grocery list right now!

StampinMom :-)